|To our Valued Customers and Vendors:
Instant Fire Protection Co is closely monitoring the impact of the Corona virus (COVID-19) at a State and local level. The safety of our employees, customers and suppliers is our top priority. We are following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and other state and local authorities.
We are Still Open
We are committed to continuity of service. Due to the nature of our business, we are able to continue servicing of fire extinguisher and restaurant suppression systems with limited exposure to others. Our scheduler is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM by calling 503-362-4511.
Fire extinguishers can still be brought to our shop at 3385 Portland Rd, Salem, OR, during our normal business hours (M-F, 8 AM – 4:30 PM); however, we have changed protocol for the time being:
- The door to the shop will remain locked.
- A station will be made available outside where you can drop off fire extinguishers.
- Fire extinguishers will be wiped down with disinfectant upon arrival and upon completion of service
- If a tech is not at the station, call 503-362-4511 and they will meet you there.
- Do not leave fire extinguishers unattended.
What Instant Fire Protection Co is Doing
- We have been, and will continue to evaluate our processes so that we can continue to provide high quality service.
- We have and will continue to advise our employees to follow the public health authorities’ guidance and recommendations, regarding hygiene and personal travel.
- We have encouraged all of our employees who exhibit any flu or cold like symptoms to stay home and consult with medical professionals.
- Where applicable, we have provided a means for our employees to work from home, allowing for social distancing among our employees and reducing potential exposure.
- We have instructed our employees to use social distancing practices of 6 feet when servicing businesses and to utilize personal protective equipment where required or deemed necessary to protect our employees and those we are servicing.
- All vans have been disinfected and are stocked with hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray.
What Instant Fire Protection Co Will Not be Doing
- Servicing a location that is reported to have a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19.
We remind everyone to continue to follow these practices to level the curve of the spread of COVID-19:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing and remain 6 feet apart when at social gatherings
- Avoid groups of more than 10 as recommended by the President of the United States.
As you know, this is a fluid situation along uncharted territory. We will send updates if needed and will also be posting them on our website and Facebook page.